Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hide & Seek by Valerie Mann



Title: Hide & Seek
Author: Valerie Mann
Publisher: Wild Rose Press
Published date: 10/09
Genre/Theme: Erotic Contemporary
Length: 35 pgs
Author’s Website

When ER nurse Kelly Donovan meets sexy firefighter Nick Barrantes at her sister’s annual summer party, the sparks fly. Famous for its games, this year’s party includes Hide & Seek and Kelly is determined to find a cozy place to hide with Nick. Trapped in a closet together during the game, neither Kelly nor Nick anticipates the sizzling passion that flares between them. However, Kelly can't help but wonder if this is one game she'll lose to her heart...

I really wanted to like this story before I jumped into it--the blurb and excerpt left me intrigued. I quickly found that I absolutely loved it! Valerie did a great job of giving the characters personality, and I quickly became enamoured with Kelly, our heroine. She was funny and likeable. And the hero, Nick, left me drooling (and I'm a little jealous of Kelly--okay a lot jealous.) He played his role as a hot stud muffin alpha male perfectly. The two play together quite nicely and it was fun to be there to watch.

The storyline was believable and I didn't stop until I'd read the last page. A must read for those looking for some hot quick consumated chemistry.

Rating: 5 Whips
Heat level: Erotic
Other: Explicit language and sex, voyeurism
Reviewer: Olivia Starke

No comments:

Post a Comment